This tutorial provides an overview of the Probability Tiles. Below are the topics covered.
- Coins, Dice and Spinners
- Sound Effects
- Charts and Statistics
- Playing Cards
- Probability Tiles on the Balance Scale
Coins, Dice and Spinner
Copy tiles to easily create multiple coins and dice. Move the black circle on the uniform spinner to change the number of regions. Move the black circles on the custom spinner to change the size of the regions. Click on the black circle to add a region and click on a black circle to remove a region.
Add labels to spinners to create custom spinners.
Sounds effects are options for most probability tools as well as merging Number Cards. Sounds effects can be turned on and off in the settings menu.
Charts and Statistics
After creating a data table, place a chart type on the canvas and use the blue triangular handle to link the data table to a chart type.
Column and Row Charts
Column and Row charts can be displayed in grouped, stacked, or percentage mode. Double click on one of the bars to change the color for all bars of that series.
Double click on a line to change the color. Line charts can also be displayed as area charts. Hide a row or column in the table to hide that data from the chart. Add data to the table to display new data in the chart.
Pie and Donut Charts
Double click on a region of the chart to change the color. Display the data as a pie chart or donut chart. Change the data in the table to change the chart. Add or remove data from the table to add or remove it from the chart.
Box and Whisker Plots
Double click on a chart to change the color. Use the "Toggle Outliers" button to switch between displaying outliers as either part of the plot or as a separate point. An outlier is any data point which is more than 1.5 times the interquartile range above the third quartile or below the first quartile. Add or remove data from the table to add or remove it from the chart. If no outliers exist, the "Toggle Outliers" button will not show any changes.
Transpose Data in Tables
Multiple Charts from One Data Table
Create multiple charts from the same data table:
- Drag cards on top of each other to create a stack of cards. Selecting the stack reveals the number of cards in the stack.
- Select the Deck of 52 from the tile menu to place a full deck on the canvas.
- Select multiple cards and click Stack to place them in one pile.
- With a single card selected, click Turn Over to flip that card.
- With a stack of cards selected, click Turn Over to flip over the entire stack. If the stack is face-up, clicking Turn Over will result in the face-up card being on the bottom of the face-down stack. Clicking Turn Over flips the entire stack.
- Click Draw to remove the top card from a stack. Double-clicking on a stack also draws the top card.
- Clicking Shuffle only shuffles cards in a stack.
Rolling, Spinning, and Flipping
Double-click dice, coins and spinners to randomise. Double-click playing cards to draw a card.
Probability Tiles on the Balance Scale
The Dice and Playing Cards can be used on the Balance Scale
Visit the Template page to find links to Polypads with multiple sets of dice, coins, and spinners.